Three years ago we started working on what we hoped would be a nursery for a baby we would have…in the future. We had bought a 100 year old farmhouse shortly before we got married and wanted to slowly redo all of the rooms. Our house has outdated wiring, very little insulation and cracked plaster walls that have been covered with LOUD wallpaper. So we started with an upstairs bedroom that we weren’t using. HandyMan began to demolish the walls and got about halfway done before something came up (I don’t remember what it was) and the project was put on hold.
When we found out we were pregnant, HandyMan began working on it again. The room was demoed and drywalled when I was put on bed rest and that is where we stopped. The demands of having a newborn and a busy schedule meant that we weren’t able to finish Blue’s room until last week. HandyMan took the week off work and we worked hard to get it finished, OK mostly HandyMan worked hard and I kept Blue out of his way and helped during nap time. Anyway, here are some pics of the finished product. We are SO excited that the room is done!